Thursday, October 25, 2012

Your praise was intended to set you free....

I often run to the things I know have a way of reaching me.  I have learned how to cling, cling tight to the things God has provided as a means of escape from the enemy.  I don't always grab hold as soon as I ought but I know it's never to late for Him to save me.  God's mercy is ever reaching.

I laid back in the bed after the morning routine, hoping to rest my worn, fatigued body.  The things I have been turning over in my head and my heart, have withheld much needed rest from the whole of me.  It was clear to me there would be no rest for my physical body if I didn't seek refuge in God Almighty.  

Confusion, lies and uncertainty, they only have power when I surrender my authority,  when the weariness becomes to much for me and I lose my voice and it all sounds so convincing.  But the Holy Spirit speaks, your praise will give you the strength that you need to see clearly, the schemes of the enemy.  

I could have argued that I didn't have it in me, but He knows me better.  I've walked through those seasons, those dark days and even darker nights that I denied myself any comfort in a God that just wanted to hold and to keep me.  I didn't deny His existence.  I just asked that He keep His distance.  I wanted to blame Him for my nonexistence.  I mean someone had to be responsible for the shattering of my heart and I was angry because He was allowing it.  As if I had nothing to do with it.

I came out of that with a greater understanding of what it means to love even when I don't feel like loving.  To trust when I can't see the outcome.  To declare that He is Good and He has the best of intentions for me.  And to know that nothing compares to the love that He has for me.  For God takes no pleasure in our heartache.  He was grieved when sin broke the covenant that He had with man.  Don't you know He feels loss with out you (Luke 15)? 

I came to know that as long as I was breathing, there was a praise that could be found within me.  So I grabbed a hold of my cell phone, open the app for IHOPKC (International House of Prayer Kansas City) and searched there archives.  I laid the phone on my chest and laid back against Him.  I laid there and soaked as my gratitude surfaced and overwhelmed me and with my mouth I released a praise.  A praise that was directed at Him.  But His intent was that I be set free as I was reminded of the just cause for a praise to proceed from me.

He is always there to catch me.  He is always there to shield and to protect me.  He is always there to pour out an extravagant love that I can't and I won't deny.  He's made a home in my heart and I call His heart my home.  My place of refuge, comfort and security.  I belong to Him and He belongs to me (Song of Solomon 2:16).


This is the short version of the song that has consumed me.


This would be the soaking version.

The IHOPKC archive is only available on the mobile version, under prophetic worship dated Sept 15 lead by Audra Lynn, if you need some really deep soaking time.


2 comments:

  1. Such truth! Worship has been such a key factor of warfare for me... He inhabits (dwells in!) the praises of His people which leads me to... where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom!
    I so often forget this, or more accurately, refuse to choose it; choosing rather to wallow.
    God, forgive me.
    Bless you and your heart. You are spanning the interwebs and touching my heart.
    ~ christa jean
    p.s. I sing that song all.the.time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. christa jean, I am such a newbie to this blogging thing I don't yet know its etiquette. Do I respond here, on your blog or through email. I wasn't certain if this goes back to you so I sent you an email back on the 18th but it to was from a different account so you may have deleted it. I certainly am not on top of things you can see and it really does help to know I'm not alone. It's not misery loves company and it's not, oh look, your mess is bigger than mine. It's we all walk the road of surrendering to a teachable spirit and producing fruit. You remind me and I remind you and before we know it, we begin to see that fruit. Seeking joy for this journey, right there with you!

    ReplyDelete