Friday, October 5, 2012

The need for truth is reality....

Late nights, dirty dishes, ear buds....this is an invaluable time spent with You.  My hands plunge into the cleansing water and all of my spirit plunges into You.  My eyes are met with a reflection and it is I, praising you.  This, this is truth.  This thing of praising you, it is freedom, it is healing, it is weakness being made strong.


Psalm 40:8-11
I desire to do your will, O my God;
your law is within my heart.”
9I proclaim righteousness in the great assembly;
I do not seal my lips,
as you know, O Lord.
10I do not hide your righteousness in my heart;
I speak of your faithfulness and salvation.
I do not conceal your love and your truth
from the great assembly.
11Do not withhold your mercy from me, O Lord;
may your love and your truth always protect me. 

Psalm 119:142
Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, And thy law is truth.

From this, law is truth therefore truth is within my heart.  It is truth that is upon my lips.  It is law, God's commandments that I speak of.  It is this law that protects me, these commandments that keep me. 

And in walks Jesus...Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6)  Next enters the Holy Spirit....And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— 17the Spirit of truth. (John 14:16-17).  And it continues to get better....The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will bec in you. (John 14:17)

This, this is why I sing.  Truth lives in me.  It empowers and enables me.  It leads and it guides me.  It opens doors of forgiveness.  It imparts mercy and grace.

This truth, it can do the same for you!  Have you accepted it?  Is it operating in your life?  Satan will do all that he can to try and hide, bury, or spread lies to remove truth from your life.  He knows the power that it holds, for it is a part of the armor of God, a part that you can not go into battle without.  

What truths do you need to revisit?  I pray He is speaking and will continue to remind you.  May he sing these truths over you.  May His Holy Spirit, daily awaken you to what truth desires to say to you that day.

Day four of 31 Days Reflecting on truth (click here for this series) 


3 comments:

  1. what truths do i need to re-visit! I need to think on that. you write beautifully, so lovely top find you in the 31 day challenge. i am following along and look forward to more xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jane, you are ever so kind. Your words are much appreciated. I popped over to your site and rejoice with you on your newly inspired creativity. I think we are all creators of something and it is where most of us feel our freest. I clicked on your other site as well and I just want to say, thank you for your heart of compassion. It's people like you that bring change to this world. You see a need and you fight for it. God so honors that! My prayer for you is that of Numbers 6:24-26 “‘“The Lord bless you and keep you;
      the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.

      Delete
  2. A woman after His own heart, you are. Bless you. Thank you for finding me. I love that God shows me again and again that there are beautiful, like-minded, spirit-filled people everywhere.

    ReplyDelete