Monday, October 8, 2012

Swallow hard or hardly swallow.....

Manipulator's of Truth: taking God's word out of context, omitting or improvising in part.

This indicates a lack of trust in God's word.  His truths.

Can you say, "Ouch"?

It is time we fall on our face and repent.

Now listen.  Listen to the Holy Spirit speaking.

Block all other voices out.  

The voice of reasoning.  The voice of justification.  The voice of offense.  The voice of false humility.  The voice of defense.  The voice of pride.  

All manipulators of truth, render them silent.

Your heavenly Father is speaking.

There is no condemnation here.

This truth is revealed to impart liberty, to make you no longer a slave to these things, to break word curses you have brought or spoken over yourself and your family.

.....these are the words I wrote during service today.  Our message was entitled "World at War".  Sounded very familiar to what I have written here recently.

God has been showing me, in subtle ways or rather His graceful way, what voice I am guilty of listening to.  I have no excuse and I know it is true for it has been surfacing in the form of a question in my mind, which is obviously the Holy Spirits provoking.  Prior to this revelation I could claim ignorance but now I must silence this voice and seek God's truth to replace it.

I grew up with a knowledge that God loved me, with some understanding that I was of value to Him.  Somewhere along the way this became an issue of conflict.  If God loved me and valued me then why didn't others treat me the same way.  

This birthed insecurity.  It opened the door and lies found there way in.  Some how what others didn't say or didn't do became more significant than the Truth.  It blinded me, created in me a false humility and feed the ugly spirit of offense.  All of which kept me in a constant struggle for my true identity.

I never questioned God's love for me or that He valued me.  But I was blind to my self condemnation.  The false humility that devalued God's creation.  This voice that spoke of suicide as a teenager.  The same voice that whispered abandonment and that my small family would be better off without me.  The cycle of oppression, depression and apathy.  

Life hurts and rejection is real but it is my choice what I choose to feel.

Our feelings are breeding grounds for the lies and the schemes of the enemy.  And buying in is a sin against God and the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross.

That statement is Truth not condemnation.  I have no judgement for you.  For I still battle these thoughts and am having to learn how to bring them under submission to what God has spoken over me and declared truth.  

I appreciate His gentle rebuke that keeps me from falling back into those habits that once where almost first nature to me.  THIS IS THE WAY OF DECEIT.  It takes on the form of truth, identifies and recognizes all that would justify, plants seeds of offense to keep you blind and locked in.  You become a prisoner of your own making and you can't even see it.  No, not until you are ready to come clean and deal with  it.

I prayed a prayer about five years ago, God shake everything that can be shaken, remove all that is not of you.  I want to position myself for more of You.  

God took me at my word and has been removing and stripping, causing my eyes to see.  We can only cry victim for so long before revelation comes and we my choose responsibility or to walk in defiance.

We must remember that conviction is our friend and we are to be lovers of the truth.

 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness. (2 Thessalonians 2:9–12—NKJV)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment