Sunday, October 28, 2012

Truth is calling....

It's Sunday.

The Sabbath.

I stand at the kitchen sink with the morning sun warming my face, wringing my toes against the cool autumn floor that lies beneath me, taking in the degrees of temperature and attracting the playful kittens that have been let in for their morning nourishment.

Children sit, bickering, around the breakfast table.  Biscuits rise in the oven as sausage sizzles in the cast iron skillet and the aroma of fresh brewed coffee fills the air.

And I just want to escape.

I'm here in body but my spirit is longing for another place.

Oh Lord, I seek your presence in a real, tangible way.  I need to feel you today, and so my spirit sings.

Calling for you, come be with me.




 Day twenty eitht of 31 Days Reflecting on truth (click here for this series) 

No comments:

Post a Comment