Monday, August 27, 2012

I need Grace, not a road map....

Today is one of those days that I must see and I must know more of His Grace.

I think of those times when I'm driving and I need the use of my rear view mirrors, only to find that some one has gone and messed with them.  My line of vision is now askew.  I can't see clearly to reverse, change lanes or exit when I need to.   


Sometimes you do need to look back to see where you have been, just to get your bearings again.  All of this becomes impossible because you can't take your eyes off of what is in front of you, to turn around and look back and you can't just stop dead in your tracks.  


You must make a few minor adjustments.  


Grace is the adjustment I need.  I need it to clearly reflect the terrain that lies behind me and navigate me past the dangers that lie beside me.  


Grace is the ability to see the where and accept the how of God's workings, when the whys just keep formulating.


Grace is what opens my eyes to God's Sovereignty.   If I can see and know His grace, then I can accept that He is sovereign.


Isaiah 40:26


 Lift your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one, and calls them each by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing.

Jeremiah 51:15
It is He who made the earth by His power, Who established the world by His wisdom, And by His understanding He stretched out the heavens. 




 As for man, his days are like grass; As a flower of the field, so he flourishes. 16 When the wind has passed over it, it is no more; And its place acknowledges it no longer. 17 But the lovingkindness of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him, And His righteousness to children’s children, 18 To those who keep His covenant, And who remember His precepts to do them. 19 The LORD has established His throne in the heavens; And His sovereignty rules over all.

No comments:

Post a Comment