Saturday, December 8, 2012

It wasn't a dream....

Dreamily, I awoke.  You know that place of awake, eyes not yet opened, aware you're no longer sleeping or dreaming but still feeling the awe of what you had been dreaming.  The awe of His peace and His presence awoke me, the feeling of all snuggled and safe on a cold, dark winter's dawning.

Like past memories of being at my Granny's, sleeping in the back of the house where the heat stretched thin and rarely found its way in, however Granny knew the trick for this, layering quilt after quilt over your small little frame, tucking you tightly into the old iron bed.  My body would give into the warmth and accept the constricting layers and endeavor into true rest, for there would be no tossing and turning, might as well just let go and give into real rest.

That's it.  I wasn't dreaming at all.  

It was rest, real rest that settled over me as I had slept.  

The kind of rest that settles deep into your soul.  The rest that can only be found and only be given by Him.  

The rest I have sought but so foolishly hindered with my thoughts, stresses and cares.  

The rest that He has so freely offered that life is forever trying to alter and wipe it's very existence from our minds.

And with all certainty I can say it does exist, it can be found and furthermore, it can be yours today!

What better gift to give yourself after all it was for you that it was given!

I know this season may seem like the hardest time to receive it, with the to do lists and list of stresses that we have created, but just think what it would be like to accomplish those things and yet still find your self at rest. 
I know the lists and the stresses.  I haven't yet begun decorating, which I am very passionate about.  I have yet to start shopping for my three children and our Christmas plans haven't really been laid out.
The thoughts of this season have hung heavy and burdensome and truthfully there have been moments that I just wanted to collapse.  Add to that the death of not one but both of my grandparents, that were living stones, examples of how Christ is the head of the home, Christmas's will never be the same without them.  Family all spread out when my heart longs to be close and all together.  Relationships battered, still questions unanswered and futures unknown.

And yet it the midst of all of this, I have found true rest or it has found me.  God, you give the most perfect and most beautiful of gifts!


The song below has taken on new meaning for me this Christmas. 

 May it too, finds it's way deep into your mind and your heart.  Much love, and light and joy to you and to yours as we celebrate the gifts that have come in the form of our Lord and Saviour!  


God rest ye merry, gentlemen,
Let nothing you dismay,
Remember Christ our Saviour
Was born upon this day;
To save us all from Satan's power
When we were gone astray.

[Chorus]
O tidings of comfort and joy,
Comfort and joy,
O tidings of comfort and joy!

From God our heavenly Father
This blessed angel came;
And unto certain shepherds
Brought tidings of the same;
How that in Bethlehem was born
The Son of God by name.

[Chorus]
O tidings of comfort and joy,
Comfort and joy,
O tidings of comfort and joy!

O, star of wonder, star of night,
Star with royal beauty bright,
Westward leading, still proceeding,
Guide us to thy perfect light.

Born a king on Bethlehem's plain;
Gold I bring to crown Him again;
King forever, ceasing never,
Over us all to reign.

[Chorus]
O, star of wonder, star of night,
Star with royal beauty bright,
Westward leading, still proceeding,
Guide us to thy perfect light.

Glorious now behold Him arise,
King and God and sacrifice,
Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
Worshipping God most high.

O, star of wonder, star of night,
Star with royal beauty bright,
Westward leading, still proceeding,
Guide us to thy perfect light.

God rest ye merry, gentlemen, let nothing you dismay
God rest ye merry, gentlemen, let nothing you dismay
God rest ye merry, gentlemen, let nothing you dismay







Blessings to you all!





No comments:

Post a Comment